Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to Wearyourbaby.com and was looking at the wrap - they do a good job of explaining how to wear it, but it still looks fairly complicated. i can't imagine doing all that before i run into kmart. on the other hand it looks so comfy!!

do you all think they are fairly easy to use? if it takes a lot of time and is difficult, i won't be likely to use it often, kwim?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had an ellaroo and while it was lovely, I really only ever used it for a front carry and found that my mei tai was SO much faster and achieved the exact same comfort level with less fuss.

BUT, if I had been more proficient with it during the newborn stage the cradle holds would be really cool. but i guess the same position can be achieved with a pouch a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
At first it does take a bit of practice to get it on. For a really quick trip, the maya was definitely faster. But the hug a bub was so much more comfortable! I got to the point where I could have it half-on and then just slip DS in and tighten it. I didn't get it until he was about 4-5 months old though, so I'm excited to see how it works with a brand new baby
especially nursing--we could never quite get it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sleepymamma has a great point. If your just running into the store for a quick trip something like the wrap may be a hassle so a Maya might be nice. The wrap is great for long wearing such as house work, a trip to the park or zoo or a full church service. Making your own wrap is easy and you can find the directions on wearyourbaby.com. I made my own and it works great. contact them and see if they have a representitive in your area. If they do you can probably set up a private meeting and learn hands on. There is a link on the wearyourbaby site that shows you a front cary wrap that you can put on first then insert the baby. I use it alot and it is very quick. People who see me use it think it's awesome. You can PM me for more info.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!! i can see how it would be very handy to have for long days. i still want to be able to take gracie to do things next summer even though we will have a baby, kwim?

i will have to look into making one - i know my grandma-in-law would help me.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I have a moby wrap, and I love it. I started wearing dd in the cradle hold as a newborn, and now we alternate between a front carry facing in, front carry facing out, hip carry and back carry. That's what I love so much about the wrap, and I foud the moby to be the best value.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a Storchenweige and LOVE it! Yes, it is harder to learn than a ring sling and takes a bit more time putting it on. DS and I have gotten faster at it though. I got it because DS loved to be carried, but 30lbs on one shoulder in my Maya nearly killed me after about 15min. I wanted to put him on my back. Ironically, we both prefer the front carry.

From what I've researched, the fabric itself is what makes the wrap. I had a Moby, but it was too stretchy for my big guy, so I sold it to a friend. It ripped on her (in two spots). =( I love that the Storch is very organic and nearly indestructable. It's reportedly softer than a Didymos and less expensive too. I wish I had got mine a lot sooner! =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.