Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did your nurslings act differently right before you went into labor?

Ds is 19.5 months and i'm almost 39 weeks. He's been very clingy the last couple of days. I've been on bedrest for 3 weeks and before that was a WOHM. He acted differently when I first was home and seemed to adjust to that and the bedrest (my mom normally watches him at our home so there was no huge change in routine). Now for the last few days he's been much more sensitive to things and has spent a lot of time just cuddling with me. He's also been nursing a lot more. Everything has been ready for the new baby for weeks so there are no big changes in the house.

I've been having prodomal labor and my body is definately getting ready to go into labor sometime soon. I'm not that uncomfortable that I can't play with ds or he sees me in any pain. I'm on bedrest for high bp and I do get up with him for short periods during the day so that he can have some sort of normalcy.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this before or if i'm reading too much into his behavior.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
It's so funny how they sense how things are about to change! I know lots of mamas whose older nurslings nursed like newborns right before their births! My oldest sure did the week before---I'm betting my current one will too in about a month or so! Hang in there---and happy birthing!!!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I have nursed through two pregnancies and both times my nursling got both very clingy and a little off the wall. It was like they sensed that their world was forever going to change and they weren't too sure about it. Good Luck and happy birthing!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
the day before DD2 was born, DD1 says to me "the baby made the milkies come back!"

Before I knew I was pregnant, she told me "the milkies are gone, taste yuckky" Then she told DH, "mommy preggand"

·
Registered
806 Posts
My DD definately went through a period of change right before I gave birth (just a week ago). I was in prodromal labour off and on for a few days and she wanted to nurse ALL the time. They really can sense something is about to change.

Abby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.