Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
big diff or no? I really like my BJmarketplace, and apart from ordering from a MDC mama here in the near future I hope, I doubt I will ever order any other soakers! Am I missing out? Can, say, a KSS or MM or RB be any better than a BJmarketplace? I really like mine, and I cannot imagine anything being too much better? Are the higher end ones better-maybe in fit or yarn or what? Is it more of a variety thing, or are they *really* better? If they are better to ya, tell me how!
TIA! Heidi

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm interested in the answer, too. I have a Holy Sheep, MM, did have a Bridgets, and a Tiny Birds. The are all different in fit and feel of wool. Most of mine are very well made but the MM is, well, it's just the best! They all work fine so that's not what I mean. The MM is soft, stretchy, holds up really well, the fit is as if it were made for my daughter and I won it on ebay so that's not the case. It just different in the best way possible. I think Morwenna really loves to create beautiful things and when you receive one of her creations you can tell immediately. It's the queen of all my diapering stuff and I have some good fluff
From my RB stuff to my BBH stuff, my MM soaker puts a little smile on my face. Am I gushing?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have quite a few different soakers and the BJM that I have is very soft and fits fairly well, but it is also really thin and certainly doesn't fit as well as any of the customs that I have! Of course, there is always the satisfaction ( or is that infatuation..) of seeing a hand knitted soaker that you had some input into designing, as well

We use ours overnight, too.. and I KNOW my BJM soaker wouldn't make it anywhere near that long. I really do love how lightweight it as and it is great for around the house out here in HOT HOT HOT Texas

·
Registered
738 Posts
Depends on what you are lookng for in a soaker. I use my BJM soakers probably more often than any other because they are so so trim. I wonder what size needles they are knit on because they are so finely knit. Anyway, they wouldn't work for DD overnight though. My only real Hyena cover is a Baa Baa Bottoms. I love it, but the wool isn't nearly as soft as my BJM ones. It fits great though, better than BJM. The BJM will let some diaper peek out the legs. I have 2 Tinker soakers and those have semi-soft wool and a decent fit - and are fairly trim. Sort of intermediete all around. My Willy Wooly soaker fits awesome, has soft wool and is middle-ish in terms of trimness. My LTK soaker I knit myself has supersoft wool and is trim, but the fit isn't as nice as some. My all-time fave soaker is one I knit myself with Hand-dyed (myself!) cascade 220 yarn (pretty cheap), knit in the concept of the Fern and Faerie pattern (but TOTALLY different sizing than the formula gives, that didn't work for us AT ALL). It is the perfect fit since I custom-made it for DD as I went, remeasuring, checking, etc. and the wool is so soft and very trim.

So all in all, it depends on what you are after in a soaker, lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.