Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potty Diva's post got me thinking

I'm looking for a response for people who tell my son that "he better be good or Santa won't come and bring him presents"
: for the love of macaroni, my son was only 17 months old when a stranger said this to him.

i find it so rude that someone is telling my child to behave himself or he won't get presents 8 months from now. i mean, come on. i'm sure this individual was trying to be helpful (i mean my son was sitting smiling on my hip, obviously in need of being reminded to behave himself
: ).

anywho, i'm rambling.

any catchy sayings??

thanks
amy

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
the best response i've ever heard to shut ppl up fast comes from my friend who is not jewish.

she simply says "we're jewish".
and walks away
he he he

i personally have said "my kids need to behave well cuz its the right thing to do, not because they''ll get a reward. but thanks for your concern"

or once at the mall when feeling particularly snotty i said to one man "and santa doesn't bring gifts for nosy people who butt into other ppl's business either"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.