Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think it is?

I feel almost 100% that this baby is a girl. All my friends and family think so too. But, I was 100% that Sarah was a boy, and I was so very wrong, so I'm not exactly trusting my instincts, lol.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well, a few people have told me that they think the baby is a boy. Including my acupuncturist who did the pulse check thing. But honestly I have absolutely no idea...

Truly though, I don't even care what gender it is. Isn't that odd? I mean I am curious to know, but it isn't bugging me or anything. I also really have no preference for either way.

In my other pregnancies, I was always very anxious to know.. Maybe because then I was hoping for specific genders...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I am convinced I am having a boy. I was convinced in my last pregnancy that I was having a girl and I was right. There's a 50:50 chance I'll be right again! I am going to be quite freaked out and have to do some major adjusting if I do have a girl. I keep refering to the baby as he!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
This is a hard one! I think the baby is a boy, and so do a few other people. My husband wants a girl though, and I think he thinks it's a girl. I call the baby, he. I guess I only have 16 weeks to find out! Kind of scary, and exciting at the same time.

Julie

·
Registered
586 Posts
with my first pregnancy i was 100% sure it was a girl.... and she was! this pregnancy same feeling i am 100% sure i will be having a girl.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Both times I was sure I was having a girl and both times I did. This time I think it's a boy but I'm not sure if that's because sometimes I'd kind of like it to be
For the most part I haven't given it much thought since I still have a ways to go!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think it's a boy. Everyone else tells me they're SURE it's a girl.

My first gut instinct is what I'm going with. For a while I was sure it was a girl, but I think everyone else's opinions swayed me. My husband swears up and down that it's a girl, but I know he would really love a daughter. I'm not picky either way; I really have no preference.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Last preg. I thought it was a girl, and everyone else kept telling me it was a boy and they were right. But I was really nervous about having a girl, so I think I was preparing myself just in case.

this time I think it is a girl, and that's what most people have guessed, too. Also, I know its not a tell tale sign but I am carrying a lot lower this time. Possibly just because my skin and abs are more stretched out.

I'm quite fine either way, though. We didn't find out last time, either, so all my newborn stuff is yellow and orange and green.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My first instinct was girl and so was my first real baby dream, which proved right with both my kids so far. My family and friends are split down the middle so who the heck knows. I do know it's a baby and I am thrilled about that so what ever is between its legs is just a bonus at this point!!! (ok, so really I want another boy but don't tell dd!)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I honestly don't have a clue
I haven't had any baby dreams either (well, that I can remember). According to the Chineese Lunar calendar, this one should be a girl though. I think I am secretly hoping for another boy, but I know I would be thrilled with a girl also

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
My first baby I knew, I knew he was a boy. I have never known again. I was wrong with #2 and didn't even begin to guess with #3, but odds were for another boy as far as I was concerned.
This time I had a dream it was a girl, but the dream was a bad one, she died at birth -- very, very freaky indeed. I haven't felt good in this pregnancy at all since that dream and I've been afraid to think ahead to actually having a baby I'll be nursing and holding and loving.
My ds2 thinks it's a boy.
I think I want another girl.
But truth I just don't care so long as the baby lives for us to raise him or her.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Quote:
This is a hard one! I think the baby is a boy, and so do a few other people. My husband wants a girl though, and I think he thinks it's a girl. I call the baby, he.
:

Same exact thing with me. I want a boy and hubby wants a girl. He want the sex to be a surprise so I resisted the urge to ask the technician at the sonogram (although in reality it was a moot subject because the baby's legs were crossed.
)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a DS who is 9 already, so a girl or a boy would be fine either way. Although, we've chosen a beautiful girl name and not a boy name. Also, I was in Ecuador when I conceived and had my tarot cards read there just 1 day after I discovered I was pregnant. The reader thought I had 2 kids my DS and a DD who I left in the States. I kept saying, no, I don't have a daughter. At the end I told him I found out I was pregnant and that is why he must have been thinking I have 2 children. Since then, I've been holding on to the idea that DB is a DD. I would like to know though whenever I see Cloth dipes for good deals that I can buy but that are really girly.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
i'm about 100% sure it's either a girl or a boy....
:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I am thinking girl. I have never even tried to guess the other times but dh does and so far he has been right 2 out of 3. He thinks this is a girl as well. All of my kids think girl as well. This pg is alot like my daughter's and I really want a girl this time because I like things even! We have a boy name that is set in stone but the girls name I have I am iffy about. Can't wait to find out!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I think it's a boy. However, that may be the influence that almost every baby born on my husband's side is a boy-3 out 5 in his family and he has two nephews. I joke that he doesn't have any X chromesome swimmers!

But in two different dreams the baby has been a girl- including one where my Mom told me I had a girl. That's a very special dream to me for some reason. I guess I'll find out in due time.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I am 100% sure it is a girl, I was right with DD and DS and am right everytime I get feeling about a friends baby as well. Ever DS who is 21 moths thinks it s girl. Before I even told anyone what I thought he started calling "baby belly, My Rosie!!" But we will have to wait and see!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm pretty sure (90%) that is a boy.....heck with three boys already odds are good its another "blue one" lol.
I'm secretly dying to have a girl though!
Jackie

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I think its a boy my MW says she does not think I can have boy's
since I O'd on the 3rd day after AF
:.

So I'm 90% sure.... LOL though I want to act like I'm on Maury and say I'm 1000% sure its mine

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
With my son I pretty much knew he was a boy. This pregnancy is carrying differently. The baby isn't doing jumping jacks and high jumps in there so not as active as my active boy. Midwife cheaked fetal heart beat all leads me to think Girl. However I don't call it a she or "your sister" because I don't want to totally mess up my son if it's a boy. We have decided on the same name boy or girl so we just call it baby our baby or it's name.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts