Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I've asked this over at the Trying to Conceive forum, but no one really seemed to answer it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>For those of you who are confirmed pregnant and experienced implantation bleeding, did any of you get the implantation spotting one day before your period was due?  I have something strange going on.  I've been pregnant before so I am familiar with implantation spotting as I had it with my son.  I have a very regular cycle.  This cycle, I started getting mild cramps about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before AF was due which is odd for me.  Then, one day before AF was due to arrive, I got implantation spotting, the pinkish spotting with the discharge.  I NEVER spot with AF and AF never comes early, and AF always comes with the first 2 days extremely heavy with horrible cramps.  When AF comes, I need to use an Ultra tampon for the first two days along with tons of Motrin just to keep me sane.  This time around, it is completely different and it is not appearing as AF.  I started with the spotting on Thursday morning and all throughout the day when I wiped.  Towards the end of the day into the middle of the night, the spotting got a little heavier (fresh blood) but again only when I wiped and some into the toilet.  I'm still spotting sporadically and have not once needed a tampon.  I've been using a panty liner and that sometimes comes out clean, unless there is a spot or two on it.  It's been 2-3 days of spotting and sometimes there even is no blood when I wipe.  When there is some, it is very light, not like my normal period.  What is going on with me?  Please don't tell me it could be a light period this month because, believe me, I never have a light period so I know something is up.  I just don't know what it could be.  Is it likely to be implantation and did anyone have this go on and turn out to be a healthy pregnancy?  It almost feels like implantation is in a battle with AF.</p>

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
<p>I had bleeding, but I'm not sure it was implantation bleeding.  I had cramps and a tiny amount of pink spotting about 2 days before my period was due (day 26), then got a BFP the day before my period was due (day 28), then continued to have spotting off and on over the next couple of weeks (ending, I thought, around day 39).  Then, on day 47 I had a big gush of red blood (no clots; no cramping, but it was bright red and a lot of blood) and got really scared, but the spotting from that only lasted a few days, and I'm still pregnant on day 160 (almost 23 weeks).  ;)  I'm really hoping this baby and I are in it for the long haul.</p>

·
Registered
184 Posts
<p>I had implantation spotting on the day AF is usually due for me (I have a shorter LP so it was only 11dpo).  However, in my case it was just bright red that one time, not throughout the day.  No more spotting after that.  I had the same with my first DC as well.</p>

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
<p>Yes. I had it with one of my 5 pregnancies. I got it about two or three days before AF was due and it continued for a few days. I was really upset because we were trying and I thought it was my period but it wasn't.</p>

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>Evergreen: Do you remember when you got your BFP? Did you test after the bleeding stopped completely, and if so, how long afterwards?</p>

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>I had it with one of my pgs, I bleed a little during one day about 7 days after O, so about a week before AF. </p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>With my son, I had a sharp implantation cramp at 6dpo and the next day, a tiny pink streak on the TP one time when I wiped.  It wasn't really "bleeding," but since it was clearly pink, I assume it was blood and I always associated it with the cramp I felt the day before.</p>

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
<p>I had what I thought was my period around the time I'd expect it to be due, but it only lasted 3 days rather than the normal 7 or 8 and I never needed more than a light tampon... and my period is never that light. I probably didn't need a tampon at all but I always put one in as soon as I start my period, and that's what I did because I thought it was my period. For some reason it didn't really click in my head that it probably wasn't a real period until over a week later and I took a test then.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm now almost 11 weeks and no problems so far, touch wood.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it is now the time your period would be due, you should show positive on a home test if you are pregnant, which it sounds like you well may be with such an unusual bleeding pattern relative to your normal one.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts