Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have the kind with the internal soaker? I ordered 3, 2 with however they came and 1 with an external snap in soaker. I do think they are very trim and work very well for my newborn, but I'm hating the internal soaker! How can I be sure it's totally dry in there?

So all of you who like them, do you have the internal soaker or the snap in kind?

· Registered
368 Posts
My VB AIO's have an internal (my dd can't use snap-ins) and I really like them. I can tell they are dry just by feeling the inside of the dipe. When they aren't quite dry they feel slightly damp. When I dry them I usually stick them in the dryer with everything else (these are my only dipes that have internal soakers) and let them go for the full drying cycle. Then I just hang them over a chair overnight to finish drying. This has been working for me as I wash all my diapers before bed at night. So in the morning all my diapers are ready to go.

· Registered
3,123 Posts
I have 2 with internal soakers and they take FOREVER to dry and we have a very efficient dryer. However, I don't mind hanging them on the drying rack overnight after they have finished a cycle in the dryer. They are always dry in the morning and I can tell my sqeezing the soaker (any diaper should be dry after hanging in a laundry room overnight - I should hope. :LOL). But, I definitely prefer the external soaker. I have a girl, though and can see how internal soakers would be better for a boy.

· Registered
2,000 Posts
I have one with an internal soaker and one without. I love the internal soaker because it is absolutely the most trim diaper I have. I dry all my dipes in two dryer cycles, the first on low - then I remove pockets and AIO shells, then the second cycle I dry them with whatever load of laundry was just washed - usually on high. Both of my VBs go into both dryer cycles and are totally dry when done. I figure I would have to run the dryer for the clothes anyway so I am not wasting extra energy.

I am also really beginning to love internal soakers on fitteds as well. It is just so much simpler, no tucking or snapping. I just saw that Mutts are being offered with an internal soaker and I really want to try one of those.

· Registered
1,814 Posts
I have @13 VB w/ internals & love them - I do hve to dry them twice on high though. I think I may try the snap in w/ my next size up.

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp&pixie
I have one with an internal soaker and one without. I love the internal soaker because it is absolutely the most trim diaper I have. I dry all my dipes in two dryer cycles, the first on low - then I remove pockets and AIO shells, then the second cycle I dry them with whatever load of laundry was just washed - usually on high. Both of my VBs go into both dryer cycles and are totally dry when done. I figure I would have to run the dryer for the clothes anyway so I am not wasting extra energy.

I am also really beginning to love internal soakers on fitteds as well. It is just so much simpler, no tucking or snapping. I just saw that Mutts are being offered with an internal soaker and I really want to try one of those.

I love internal soakers for fitteds as well (SOS are my favorite), but for some reason I feel like an AIO with a waterproof layer doesn't get as "clean" when the soaker is internal (unlike a fitted that allows all of the water/detergent to penetrate the soaker). Do I really need to worry about this or is the internal soaker getting clean enough?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.