Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've read a few sources that say to use a Downy ball hall full of white vinegar. This seems like the easiest way to me, but since we seem to have hard water, I am not sure I am going to try the vinegar method.

Quote:
Originally posted by roseselene
Hi! I'm considering using vinegar in my wash but how much do you put in? and at what part of the wash cycle?
Thanks!
Amy

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've read that with hard water, the diapers tend to hold on to the vinegar. It probably depends a lot on how hard your water is, and exactly which minerals make it hard. I have a feeling my first few weeks of diaper washing are going to be filled with experimentation... We moved here very recently so I don't know all about how our water works under various circumstances, but I do know it is leaving a lot of deposits in my iron unlike any water I have ever used, but I keep forgetting to buy distilled water to use instead or tap or drinking water.

Quote:
Originally posted by roseselene
Ok, i'm kind of new to this, but why wouldn't you use vinegar if you have hard water?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.