Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was struggling with forceful letdown and oversupply, but now 3 months into is everything has settled down to pretty much normal. But. . . my baby is pissed! She will take a few sucks, and if milk is not pouring into her mouth by then she goes bezerk and starts bawling, then will take another suck or two, still no gushing of milk and more howling. Finally, my milk starts flowing b/c she's crying and I'm soaking wet b/c she is still too busy throwing a fit to realize that the milk has arrived! Very frustrating, any tips??

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Can you stimulate a letdown before she starts nursing? That way, it would be coming out at a faster pace for her.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Is she getting any bottles?

-Angela
yeah, I work afternoons so she usually gets one bottle a day while I'm gone. Think that's spoiling her? I was away for a full day last week and when I got home she wanted nothing to do with nursing!!! By bedtime though she had settled back into the routine and nursed again.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
The bottles have a faster flow so the baby doesn't have to suck as hard, plus they also don't have to wait for letdown. I would get the smallest holed nipple you can find since it sounds like shehas to have a bottle. Or you could always cupfeed for when you are gone - babies will sip out of a cup or off of a finger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.