Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my son circ'd out of ignorance at birth. The Dr. recommended it, his dad is circ'd,... blah blah blah...
:
:

Everytime I see him naked, I feel this pang of guilt and pain.

I know I've heard of adult foreskin restoration methods, but anything I can do for toddler years? or is that something I should leave alone until he is older and can decide for himself (how sad that he wan't afforded that right at birth
:
: )

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Restoration is something that can only be done by stretching or surgery so it would best be done by the owner of the penis since it involves a lot of touching and manipulation. The best thing to do is wait till he is older and then give him the information on restoration and offer to pay for the materials so he can restore.

to you and your ds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sadly, restoration is difficult enough as an adult... going on 6 months and I doubt there is anything you can do without causing damage to a kid.

Common issues for me: the tension has to be just right for good progress and minimal sores.... the tape and device like to come off... if uneven tension is applied (inner/outer skin) the glans, base of the penis, and/or urethra start to hurt... even with moderate tension breaks are sometimes necessary... and the actual tension varies based on how your body moves (with a knee strap the tension changes based on where you move your knee, so it might be fine when sitting, but when walking/running/etc it might be to much).

I agree with the others it is best to leave it alone, but give him information/materials when the time is right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.