Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one at <a href="http://www.sparkability.net/incarseco.html" target="_blank">http://www.sparkability.net/incarseco.html</a> (cool stuff!), but they are $76 each! I was wondering if anyone has seen one for less? )If you didn't click on the link, I'm looking for the actual part that covers the car seat, not one of those bunting covers for cold weather.) TIA!

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Damn you woman! :LOL<br><br>
I haven't seen one but had to post...what an awesome site....now if I only haqd a million dollars!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Holy cow 8 bux for a bottle brush??? 54 for a step stool??? thats crazy. I always just bought a car seat that had a cover I liked already on iy. Formadehyde??? what the heck is baby gonna be eating it?? I wouldn't be concerned since the exhaust from the car that seat is in is probably more harmful just a thought.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
PrincessCass: inhaling formaldehyde is pretty dangerous too. And my baby has been known to chew on the car seat cover. If you've got exhaust coming into the passenger compartment of your car, you've got big problems.<br><br>
I wonder if just washing a new cover several times will help? My car seats have all been gently used so far, so they've seen a few washings.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
You pretty much don't want to put anything in the carseat that didn't come w/ the seat. Those are cut covers though.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just used my nephew's car seat (1yr old) and washed the cover. I figured that would take care of most of the harmful chemicals.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
These are absolutely not recommended as they will void your car seat's warranty, the manufacturer's liability and could affect crash performance by interfereing with the harness or padding.<br><br>
Honestly, you would probably be better off springing for a Britax seat and getting the one with a 100% cotton cover. Wash that a couple times and drip dry and it should be fine. Sure, the foam underneath will still contain formaldehyde, but it is covered and is really not something you should do without.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts