Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's my headline. :LOL

I just want to appreciate and honor all you mamas here.
I'm not a big poster, but I've really been encouraged with reading through the bf forums and especially the last couple of weeks with the big NIP controversy.

And for some reason, that's given me the confidence I need to feed my baby wherever I am when he's hungry. Midwife center (no biggie, of course :LOL ), ice cream parlor, church, bank, closing on our house with a 20-something male paralegal across the table from me...

Now, I'm not bold enough to go without a blanket
but at least I'm not scared to death that someone might see something, and I know what I can say if someone asks me to "take it to the restroom".

Thanks, y'all!
My baby's reaping the benefit of my time on MDC.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Yay! Good for you. I NIP all the time and most of the time I don't use a blanket. However, there have been a few times when I just wanted an little extra bit of privacy. I discovered a new (for me) way of using the blanket. I drape it over my opposite shoulder - so if I'm holding the baby in the cradle hold with her head on my right, I drape the blanket across my left shoulder. Then I just use my left hand to hold the corner of the blanket tautly, so that it is lifted a bit over my baby's lower half of her face. So it covers my breast and her mouth completely, but her nose, eyes and head are all out in the open. It is much more comfortable for her and therefore, for me as well. I can look at her and she doesn't get hot and stuffy under a blanket, but I still cover up the area where all the action is taking place.

I just thought I'd share that since I'd never seen anyone do it that way before and I just figured it out yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.