Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second time becoming a foster parent in Baltimore..The first time I was 28 and for five years I fostered 5 infants that all went back to mom or with relatives... My last foster child I was able to adopt and now she is 10... I decided to return back once the news stations and radios where asking people to become foster parents because of such a great need.. I signed up immediately and began my classes in Janurary and I am still not licensed yet.. Is this normal... The first time didn't take me this long.. I can't seem to get my inspections they are supposedly so far behind.. They say the resources workers are over worked with too many cases... My question is why keep asking people to become foster parents when you don't have the mechanisms in place to get a prospective foster parent through the process.. This is very frustrating..

·
Super Moderator
7,580 Posts
The frustration is understandable! I think in most areas the workers are quite overworked. The opiate epidemic has everyone really strapped. Hang in there! Perhaps you should speak with the resource coordinator and ask if everything is o.k.? I imagine if they need to place a child with you, they will hurry up and get in there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.. I totally agree that Resource Workers are very over worked and required to do things in a short period of time.. I have contacted my worker on numerous occasions since February and her last response was she has people before me to finish before she can get to me as she asked that I be patient and wait my turn.. I plan to do just that.. I think the system is extremely disjointed and that heads of states really need to invest in fixing the system as we are asked to invest our time love and attention into nuturing the most fragile of our community babies... This is truly what I have set out to do in helping my communities must fragile little ones so I will as she said have to wait for her to call me..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts