Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of my foster to adopt mom friends. I wonder if I am alone here, but sometimes I feel like I am the one with post traumatic stress disorder. My daughter has it because of the neglect she suffered and I have it from the event of her adoption. Reading stories about abuse or neglect make me panic-y and nervous that someone will take my daughter away from me
When I hear parents talk about having their child removed, I start to feel anxiety like the child they are fighting to parent is my child.

I feel like a total weirdo. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to offer a
. I'm sure you're not alone -- are there adoptive parent resources in your community you can utilize?

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
The good news is that this means you have a heart.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I fear I may be lining for an explosion myself. We've been in fight or flight mode for nearly 19 mos now, and it's all a battle. Once the battle stops, one way or another, I fear the screeching halt. I fear her returning home and the screeching halt of the case that has been nearly center-stage in my life for so long.

I don't think you're alone. Can you seek out a therapist to process your emotions? I have begun thinking about it and checking around, kind of bracing for impact. It's a really big "fight" going through this battle. It is bound to have lasting repercussions.

Many, many hugs to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.