Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inge from DiaperWare gave me a sample of Kookaburra Wool Wash to try out on my soakers ages ago, and I fianlly got around to using it today. Wish I had done it sooner, LOL! This stuff is great, rinses clean and leaves them smelling nice, but not perfume-y. Youc an probably get it elsewhere online, but Inge's got it here.
disclaimer: I know Inge in real life, she's one of my LLL mamas, but I'm onyl posting because she's got awesome stuff and good prices, not cause I know here, LOL!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Woo-Hoo! I like Inge too, Diaperware rocks.

You must have read my mind, just earlier today I was wondering about this woolwash. Awesome price too! What is the lanolin content?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I've heard good things about that wool wash. Maybe I'll try a small bottle to see if I like it better than Eucalan. I really love Eucalan though... plus I can get it locally.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I really like Kookaburra. It leaves my wool smelling really good.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Pardon me while I be the party pooper--

But I don't like that wool wash. It's made in Australia, right? (just checking that I'm referring to the right one, not that I have anything against Australia-- random life fact: I spent 6 months there in college).

I don't like the way it smells, it smells chemical-ly to me (and I like tea tree, so that's not it). But I don't like WOW oh baby smell either, so I know I'm some kind of kooky freak. I don't think it works nearly as well as Eucalan and I had to lanolize more often when I used it.

I'm still working through my gallon of lavender eucalan, but if I was in the market for another wool wash, I'd contact danica of www.thesoapdeck.com and see when her next batch of bars is going to be available.

Karla

·
Registered
799 Posts
ITA with Karla, I don't think the kookaburra lanolozes very well. I just started using wool wash from the soap deck and I love it! I got a starter kit that she had on ebay just to try her stuff out. We had been having tons of problems getting our wool lanolized good enough (that seems like bad grammer, but I don't know how else to write it...hee hee) and the soap deck wool wash is fabu!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I love Kookaburra, it's my favorite mainly b/c of the smell. I think it smells really good plus I can get it locally for slightly cheaper than Eucalan. I've never actually used Eucalan though but I have WOW and some Soapdeck bars that I use for stains.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifetapestry
It's made in Australia, right? (just checking that I'm referring to the right one, not that I have anything against Australia-- random life fact: I spent 6 months there in college).
This may be a different product. This is the blurb from Kookaburra Co...
"The Kookaburra Company is now manufacturing Kookaburra woolwash and sheepskin shampoo in America with an improved formula. We've added Lanolin to enhance the handle of the sheep skin and the luster of the wool."

If you used a product from Australia it may not have had laonlin in it. I am going to have to find out how much lanolin each product has...
Also this product may be better at killing the germies because of the Tea Tree Oil.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:
I am going to have to find out how much lanolin each product has...

LMK when you find out! We need lots here.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ma2tng
If you used a product from Australia it may not have had laonlin in it. I am going to have to find out how much lanolin each product has...
Also this product may be better at killing the germies because of the Tea Tree Oil.
I am sure now that I did use a different product-- I can only beg forgiveness as it was the first wool wash I tried and it was 2 years ago. I will carefully remove my foot from my mouth now. Thanks for posting the additional information.

I checked out the eucalan website (www.eucalan.com) and they don't note the % of lanolin in their wool wash. I did email them to ask, and will report back if they tell me the answer.

While it may be that adding tea tree to wool wash may help kill germs better, I don't think it's necessary. Any soap-based product is good for killing the germs associated with cloth diapering, and I don't think that everything has to have TT oil it in to be clean.

Karla

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.