Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,368 Posts
Cool!

I just noticed her recently listed on Dr.Sear's no vax friendly peds. list and had never heard of her. Interesting since I've been here so long! I'm not on facebook though so couldn't read about her. What's the scoop?!?! What does she say on FB?

· Registered
76 Posts
We love love love Dr Carine! She does reccomend a delayed/selective vax schedule but is respectful of parents who choose not to vax. She is also an osteopath and focuses on homeopathic and osteopathic treatments as a first line of attack. She was recently able to open up my 10 month old's blocked tear duct with osteopathic treatment so that we were able to avoid having it cleared with a surgical probe.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
Very good to know. Just got back from our 4 month check-up and I'm in the market for a ped that's a better fit for us. When the doc (our regular ped is on maternity leave so this was someone else in the practice) asked about where she sleeps (I'm guessing the fact that I mentioned dd nurses 1-2x at night and it wasn't a big deal, might have been a red flag) and I told her with us, she clarified that I meant in our bed and then said "you know that's dangerous", to which I replied that I know what the research says.
I was prepared to get a vaccine lecture, but she didn't bat an eye when I told her we weren't vaccinating for the first year and would re-evaluate at that time.

At any rate, I scheduled a consult with Dr. Sant of Whole Kids Pediatrics. We'll see how that goes. Might also have a consult with Dr. Carine.

· Registered
417 Posts
Columbus area mamas,
any updates on Dr. Carine or Whole kids pediatrics?
I saw Dr. Carine's FB page, but there wasn't any contact info...anyone know where she is located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.