Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family was at the high school track exercising. Suddenly we saw a budgie being chased by a cowbird and the cowbird was pecking it. At that point the budgie basically seemed to give up and it flew down and landed in a big puff right next to my daughter. I was able to catch it (it was exhausted) and it bit me quite a bit and was making angry sounds. I wrapped it in my shirt and we went home, and I put it in a small carrier cage I have. It went immediately for the seeds I put out which was a really good sign. It remained fluffed up for awhile. I bought a small budgie cage an hour or so later. As soon as I opened the door of the cage it went right in. It's now looking more alert and not puffed up anymore, and I think it's going to make it. Yeah!<br><br>
I have kept it separate from my other two budgies. How long should I keep it separated to make sure it's not carrying any diseases? Any other advice?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I am so glad that little birdie picked you as a safe harbor!<br><br>
I have to say, though, the idea of a stray budgie seems totally off the wall to me! I guess it's not so outlandish in warmer climates?<br><br>
How's it doing?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Check around to see if it is someones lost pet first.<br><br>
Budgies are social, I would let them all fly around together after about a week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts