Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the most awesome midwife interview and I'm so excited about my new midwife! She sat down with me for 2 hours and answered every question I could think of and then some, and was so warm and beautiful inside and out.<br><br>
She has 30 years experience, has attended 2000 home births and another 4000 in hospitals and birth centers. Her c-section rate is 3%! She has never lost a baby or a mama. She doesn't do episiotomies or break waters, she doesn't do lots of vaginal checks. She doesn't like unnecessary intervention of any kind. She has a partner with the same philosophies.<br><br>
She will work with my insurance to help me get my home birth covered. She told me to call her for my first official prenatal appointment after the holidays. Oh, and did I mention she does all prenatal visits at MY HOUSE?!<br><br>
There's nothing about her I didn't like! This is going to be so awesome!<br><br>
Has anyone else found your perfect care provider? I hope so!

·
Registered
325 Posts
<p>This sounds fantastic! I am really glad for you!</p>
<p>I have had a midwife for the past seven years and even though I deliver in a hospital (one where I can bring my ob/gyn, my midwife and my own pedi) I really appreciate her.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts