Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 3.5 and has coslept since day 1. We have a baby coming in October. Ideally, we'd like to upgrade to a King. We probably cannot afford it, though may be able to swing it a few months after the baby comes. DS moving to another bed is not an option. Has anyone put four in a Queen and survived? Is it possible? The only other option I can think of is getting a cosleeper, but I'd rather not.

BTW, DH and I are not big people, and right now, we are completely fine as three in a Queen. Just a bit nervous about squeezing four in.

And yes, we will be keeping the newborn away from our big boy.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
We had four in a Full for close to a year. It was a tight squeeze and we were very snuggle-y. I imagine a Queen would be doable. You could always put a crib or twin size mattress on the floor next to it to move one of the LO's if you need more space --that's what we did.

now that we have a King, I can't imagine going any smaller - co-sleeping or not!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
We have 4 in a king and it's great. I'm just trying to troubleshoot with you though. Can you get a cheap twin mattress and add it to your queen mattress on the floor? We have our king mattress on the floor (for safety). I think the 3 of us (mom, dad, baby) on a queen and my toddler son on an adjoining twin would be totally fine.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Can't do it in our family. Dh and I are not small people and our older children are usually off the charts in height and seem to have extra poky elbows and feet, lol.

We have a twin bed (which we figure someone will need later) and a queen pushed together in our room. We cosleep with the youngest in the queen (since he was newborn, carefully then) and any older children who need to be with us are welcome to sleep in the twin.

When dd or ds finally decides to sleep in the twin bed in a separate room, and when our youngest gets past the wetting-the-bed-at-night stage, we will get a king.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It's too squishy IME. I have a twin against my queen for my 3yr ds but he is a wiggle worm and it's hard to sleep with him.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for all the responses and sharing and tips and ideas!

If I were to put the queen mattress on the floor, I'd put the box springs on the floor with it, right? (under it) And then, I'd try to find a box spring and mattress in a twin approx the same height to fit next to it? Just checking in with logistics of having the mattress on the floor.

Thanks again for your help, mamas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.