Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did our old thread get deleted? Couldn't find it.

Anyway, my son had his 4-year vaccines yesterday. MMR, varicella, polio, and DTaP. He did really well! I took the advice of getting a ring pop someone mentioned in the thread about reducing anxiety and it really helped :) They let him sit in my husband's lap (I had the baby) and it was over after a few seconds.

So far, he hasn't had any reactions. Not even a fever or redness/soreness which i am a little surprised about.

Next month my daughter gets her 12 month vaccines. That one is always nerve wrecking but I'll feel relieved once she gets the MMR for sure :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Great to hear. :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My daughter had her 12-month vaccines on Friday. So far, no reaction at all. Not even redness or fever, which has turned out to be a bit of a double-edged sword. Of course, no one wants to see their child uncomfortable with a fever, but at the same time it makes me worry that she is one of the roughly 1 in 20 people who do not mount an immune response to the first dose of the MMR :(

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would try not to worry about it. My 5 year old and 16 month old have been VOS and neither has ever had a fever. I asked my mom, she can't remember me ever having a fever either.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I only remember a fever once - after h1n1 vaccine I think. Normally it was all a complete non-event. No reaction, nothing to worry about. As the statistics show it is for the overwhelming majority of kids of course. :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! It does make me feel better. She has had absolutely NO reaction at all. She's acting completely 100% normal and has even started taking her first steps since! Must be a vaccine reaction ;)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 15-month old got her first dose of the flu vaccine yesterday, as well as her pertussis and Hib boosters. No reactions at all, not even fever or redness :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yay for another vaccination that's a non-event. :)

Reactions: teacozy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts