Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies:

My husband wants to spend 4th of July weekend in Amarillo, Texas. We have never been there and don't know much about it. Are there many things to do there with a couple who has a toddler? My other concern is what is the racial climate like in Amarillo? My husband is Caucasian and I am African American so I'm wondering if we are going to have problems. I'm from the east coast but live in New Mexico. I haven't had any problems so far but the south has a bad reputation for people being intolerate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i live near amarillo. just moved here 6 months ago. not much to do that i know of there. i know that there is a theme park called wonderland - not sure how that would work with a toddler. they had a dinosaur exhibit at the science center that would be pretty cool for a toddler...have to call to see if it is still running.
as for the racial issue...i wouldn't worry about it. i see couples from different backgrounds a lot in my little town (about an hour from amarillo). you'll see a lot of hispanics when you come to amarillo...and there are a lot of hispanic/caucasian couples.
hope you have fun and find some great things to do...sorry i couldn't be more help on the "things to do" issue.
- kate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
We recently went to Palo Duro Canyon with our two year old. It is a 20 minute drive south of Amarillo. We camped there 2 nights and enjoyed many nature walks, as well as great hiking trails. There are also opportunties for horseback riding and cowboy cookouts while in Palo Duro. Hope that gives you some ideas...There is also a zoo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.