Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they're actually showing a breast!! A real one!~ uncovered!!

That made me so happy to see.....

And I must say , the sub host of OReilly Factor was really supportive,and said he didnt see what all the hubub is!!

And to whomever of you might be Lorrie Leigh, the mom interviewed...Way to Go!

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I happened to catch that just now! I liked it for the most part.
I thought maybe the sub-host was trying to be non-biased, but when this idiot lady on the oppositional kept saying bfing mom's should be considerate of others feelings and he really seemed to agree.. well, i dont think so.

People are just not GETTING IT.
Lorie Leigh made a good point of bfing rates but the link between that and NIP was lost on them.
I'd love for someone to just say "how about all the fussy people just get over themselves and their poor insecurities with seeing a breast do whats it's supposed to do!!!"

The oppositional lady said the woman that had been put off the flight 'had a captive audience'

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
i'm irritated by the segment. the host and the pro-bf'ing gal were cool, but the other lady ticked me off. "what's wrong with a little common courtesy and accepting the blanket offered?" she said. I wonder if a lady on the plane half dressed would have appreciated a jacket to cover her up since she was "offending my sensitivites". It's o.k. if I walk around with my breast exposed to attract men, but it's not o.k. if a little flash of flesh shows while I'm latching on my child to breast feed. The double standard just boggles my mind.
:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Seriously, if I was at a restaurant and wanted to order a steak dinner. I wouldn't worry that I might offend the vegetarian the table away by eating meat. To me, its the same issue.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
the gals at the airport today had some great comebacks.... like offering the blanket to the person who is offended. that seems more appropriate to me. I mean, someone smoking offends me, so i leave. seesh.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
i'm irritated by the segment. the host and the pro-bf'ing gal were cool, but the other lady ticked me off. "what's wrong with a little common courtesy and accepting the blanket offered?" she said. I wonder if a lady on the plane half dressed would have appreciated a jacket to cover her up since she was "offending my sensitivites". It's o.k. if I walk around with my breast exposed to attract men, but it's not o.k. if a little flash of flesh shows while I'm latching on my child to breast feed. The double standard just boggles my mind.
:
: i did not see the piece but ITA .. such a double standard ..makes me crazy too!

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
You know what was really 'funny' about the segment on Fox? The lady who was offering her opposing opinion said "we live in a polite society". Huh??? really? er, maybe that's a general way of saying our society is about "looking good, and not offending anyone-- you know, materialistic and out of touch with our own humanity."

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
We live in a polite society???

What, pray tell, is polite about trying to deny food to a baby?
What, pray tell, is polite about trying to imprison moms by making it difficult to simply feed their babies?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
They also showed another REAL BREAST on our local Fox channel and it just happens to be mine
!!! www.fox61.com and there's also another story on www.wtnh.com I am just floored by all the awesome coverage! I'm wondering if it will become a topic of interest for The View this morning. Somehow I'm not too sure how it will go on that show though. Oy. I'm gonna watch and see if they bring it up.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkymommi View Post
They also showed another REAL BREAST on our local Fox channel and it just happens to be mine
!!! www.fox61.com and there's also another story on www.wtnh.com I am just floored by all the awesome coverage! I'm wondering if it will become a topic of interest for The View this morning. Somehow I'm not too sure how it will go on that show though. Oy. I'm gonna watch and see if they bring it up.
Wow- we have a celebrity in our midst! Milkimommi's breast was on TV!!! whohoo!!!!

So tell us, is your right or left breast the TV star?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I personally dislike seeing the top of people's bum cracks when their pants are riding too low. But I have never seen any of these people given blankets or asked to leave a public place. It's my responsibility to look away if I don't like it. I think if there is anything that should be covered up, it's bum crack... unlike breasts, those bums aren't being exposed for any constructive purpose!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aran View Post
I personally dislike seeing the top of people's bum cracks when their pants are riding too low. But I have never seen any of these people given blankets or asked to leave a public place. It's my responsibility to look away if I don't like it. I think if there is anything that should be covered up, it's bum crack... unlike breasts, those bums aren't being exposed for any constructive purpose!

Can I hear an AMEN!!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
LOL!!! It was my left breast I believe LOL!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts