Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>oh my. my ped warned about this...nigthnursing etc. I had just started to sporadically introduce a baby silicone toothbrush in the evening...but not soon enough! I just noticed brown spots on her bottom teeth that don't rub off! They've been there for at elats a few days this visibly but I thought it was her latest meal.I can;t stop night nursing...she barely sleeps as it is. God, my life with her has been one thing after another. I need advice ASAP!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA:</p>
<p>would things like being on zantac have ANYTHING to do with this? should I be wiping her mouth after her medicine too? Are there any natural things I can do rigth away? yikes!</p>

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>hmm guess this wasn't the right forum?</p>

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
<p>Have you thought about posting in the dental forum?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>FTR, my DD had brown spots on all 8 of her teeth at around 8 months. I noticed them when she was around 6 months and started wiping her teeth with a washcloth after ever feed, but it didn't go over well. I consulted a pediatric dentist who told me that DD needed surgery ASAP or her teeth would eventually all rot, fall out and infect the buds of the adult teeth growing underneath. I resisted for many months, but I ended up paying for her to be put under general anesthesia when she was about 13 months old so we could fix her teeth. She got 8 fillings and I had her budding molars scealed. I was told that she has enamel hypoplasia (i.e. preemie teeth, even though she was born late...her enamel is porous and so is very likely to have cavities).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now we brush teeth after every meal and snack, whether DD likes it or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm sorry that I don't have a better story for you. I know that there are some natural remedies that some mamas have mentioned working, but for us, surgery was necessary.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts