Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free Elementary Life Science curriculum

Classic Science Elementary Life Science - You can download free pdf files of the entire 36 chapters with worksheets plus a parent copy with activities and tests, or just parts of it. It is written in a humorous style, with comic book style pictures of animals and talking in bubbles to break up the information. I'd say it is very high interest, easy reading, not dry or boring. My son is 7 and I think he will really enjoy it a lot. I haven't read through the whole book yet, but we'll definitely be using at least some of this next year.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
We've been using this since midway through last year and we really like it. (I think we found it from a link on this board actually! If it's not in the free resources sticky, we shoudl get it idded) My 7yo particularly likes the funny speech bubble bits. He's not so excited by the experiment activities, but we tried REAL science and he didn't like those either, so I've decided he's much more a reader than a do-er. It's definitely a great freebie!

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
My son wasn't really into this. He liked the first chapter, and then we hit a dry spell going over definitions of biomes and living and non living and we just kind of stopped. But for a free curriculum it's kind of fun to play around with.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thank you for this link!!! We are struggling this year - in that our current science plan isn't working for us. This is heaven sent! Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts