Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like there's been a couple asking recently, and I know I've been scouring the web for them :LOL Add your own! Not all of the ones I found are intended as cloth diaper covers, but in wool they look like they'd work fine.

soakers
Punk Knitters soaker pattern
Fern and Faerie soaker patterns
Tickle Turdle, crochet "wrap" soaker
Knitty.com- girly bikini set
"nappy pants"

pants
Knitty.com cargo pants
"preemie" pant and tank top set
baby leggings this one uses snaptape on the inseam.. s'pose you could drop a few stitches on that edge and just sew it up

misc stuff that could be worth trying
crochet "diaper shirt" onsie type thing
beach shortalls I'd love to try making long pants on this one for winter time
"Tutu onesy" This would also be adorable with long pant legs for winter.
bee jumpsuit

Someone add the Tiny Birds pattern?? It's in my IE favorites somewhere... aol tries to die when I open it

·
Registered
987 Posts
I honestly haven't done any free diapering patterns -- I may try the fern and faerie one, though... So far I've been completely happy with the LTK patterns! And I love the forum over there. Between that and here, I've had all my knitting questions answered!!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Wow--you were very thorough!

I absolutely
that crocheted onesie!!!!!!! I am going to spend a few days with my stepmother next week and I am very tempted to have her show me how to crochet so I can make one. I can't figure out what kind of yarn that is though. I did a Froogle search for "Super Soft Baby Yarn" which didn't help. I assume it's a cotton or an acrylic. Have no idea of the weight of the yarn either.

I notice several of these patterns are knitted in cotton. I wonder how easily you can get away with just knitting them in wool of the same weight? I check ed out out some MinnowKnits pattern books from the library and they have some really cute pantaloon style pants knit in cotton, that I would love to do in wool if it would work.

Of the free patterns I have only done the F&F soaker, and I really like it! I am thinking about upgrading to the pay pattern because then you have more flexibility with yarn/needle choices. Plus you get a pants pattern with it. OP, I love the other WAHM patterns too! It's nice to get something that you know will work with CD and the pattern support is especially good for newbies like me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GranolaMoon
Seems like there's been a couple asking recently, and I know I've been scouring the web for them :LOL Add your own! Not all of the ones I found are intended as cloth diaper covers, but in wool they look like they'd work fine.

soakers
Punk Knitters soaker pattern
Fern and Faerie soaker patterns
Tickle Turdle, crochet "wrap" soaker
Knitty.com- girly bikini set
"nappy pants"

pants
Knitty.com cargo pants
"preemie" pant and tank top set
baby leggings this one uses snaptape on the inseam.. s'pose you could drop a few stitches on that edge and just sew it up

misc stuff that could be worth trying
crochet "diaper shirt" onsie type thing
beach shortalls I'd love to try making long pants on this one for winter time
"Tutu onesy" This would also be adorable with long pant legs for winter.
bee jumpsuit

Someone add the Tiny Birds pattern?? It's in my IE favorites somewhere... aol tries to die when I open it

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Some of these will need to be adapted (wool instead of cotton, or worsted instead of baby yarn, etc). Most of the patterns I have actually used have been posted by PPs. The ones here I have done are marked with *. Some of these are from charity pattern sites, please consider making something for preemies or others in need if you use them.
Crochet:
preemie sweats
wooly britches
Spring baby Outfit
Stripe Up the Band
By the Hook pants
Rolled Edge Crochet Soaker

Knit:
Agatha Bovini
Australian Women's Weekly
SSP archives wrap
Knit Flat
Fiona's Friends
Sue's 2-piece set
Denny Kelly's footed leggings
Shannon Brousseau's
Craftingranny's knitted baby boy outfit

More than one pattern:
One Version of the Frugal Baby pattern

Sewn:
Butt Sweater
*angbirth's wool longies sew and show

Other:
*Curly Purly waistband pattern

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.