Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Fort Wayne, IN and am having a hard time finding affordable free range beef and pork. Chicken is the only thing I am having any luck with. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm flexible with location. We have family in Indianapolis so even nearby there is good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, Fay! In Fort Wayne, there is a buying club for a local family farm that sells beef, pork, chicken, etc. They also offer a herd share for raw milk, if you're interested. We place the orders through email and then pick up at a central location every other Wednesday. You can contact the coordinator, Lauren Andrews, at [email protected]. She can send you a price list so you can get an idea of the cost. I think you can also arrange a larger order (half or a quarter of a cow) if you'd like to make it more cost-effective. This group is large and growing, so it's also a great opportunity to meet other like-minded people (more in the warmer months, though, because most people wait in the car during the winter pickups!).

The farm that offers this is in Ligonier, Hopeful Farms and Spring River Dairy.

You can contact me with any other questions.

Kat

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.