Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear of people being offered freebies for things like infant formula, diapers, etc. I'm planning to cloth diaper and breastfeed so I was wondering if anyone was receiving freebies or coupons that were more useful. (of course I realize that I may end up with a huge amount of junk mail...)

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only things I have been given are formula, bottles I won't be using, and disp. diapers. I just give it all to goodwill. The one cool thing I got was a blue sky guide which is a natural/green type "happenings" book. That was for registering at our natural baby store.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
I got a bunch of freebies last time. I donated them. Really, they took up space, and unless you are really strong willed, it is hard not to be tempted to use them (formula). I never did use the formula, but I know I would have in those first weeks had I not had really great support.

Not worth it, IMO. Just a hassle to get them out of your house, and completely undermines a mother's position to breastfeed and give her baby the very best. Really, those formula companies only care about you buying their product and getting "addicted" to it, for lack of a better term.

The diapers, they are useful in emergency situations- leave a couple in the car in case you run out of cloth, or save them for laundry day.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I would suggest diaper samples. I use them as backups and keep them in the trunk of my car. They've come in handy on days where I've forgotten to restock the diaper bag or forgot an extra cover (and the one baby is wearing gets pooed on) etc.

Other than that, not much. You definitely don't want to be on the formula companies list unless you have someone to give the samples/coupons too, you get soooooo much junk mail from them!

Oh, and if you shop at Target, get on their mailing list and they will occassionaly send you coupons. Not that many are useful, but there was one in the last mailer for california baby products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.