Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I know this isn't the perfect place for this, so mod's - feel free to move to a better place...I just never venture over to these boards, so I'm not as familiar with the health posts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>20 ds fell months ago and detached his top frenulum.  I don't know how exactly to describe...but it didn't rip all the way up and we decided stitches would be impossible anyway...it mostly healed (we thought) and didn't notice a problem until a few days ago, he fell again, bled a while, and noticed that he did much further damage.  It ripped all the way up and is not attached much at all now to the wall side. It is hanging down a good bit when he smiles.  Taking him to ped tomorrow, but I have a feeling he is just going to say, "if you are worried about it, I'll refer you to an oral surgeon."  I want to hear experiences with this.  I cannot be the only one with a toddler who has damaged this flap of skin during a fall. HELP!?!?!</p>

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
<p>Do you mean a frenulum in his upper lip?  Panserbjorne is the expert on these things, but a dr actually clipped my daughter's lip frenulum, for whatever thats worth. No stitches.</p>

·
Registered
188 Posts
<p>yeah, my DD somehow managed to rip her lip frenulum not too long ago... frankly I don't even know when it happened.</p>
<p>Hers was a "lip tie", it was super tight and she had issues with nursing. Now she has a funny little flap, it doesn't seem to bother her. I just kinda wish she had done it earlier... lol it might have saved my nipples some trouble.</p>

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
<p>I somehow did it myself several years ago - I actually woke up with it ripped one morning :).  It's created no issues for me, but it did hurt a lot (and I had had 3 kids by then)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts