Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd 2 1/2 is always really health except she gets these high fevers 103 that last for about 48 hours. It has happened five times in the past year. Anyone have any ideas or experienced something like it? No other symptoms, just fever.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I used to experience a high fever with no other symptoms about once a month...and I was diagnosed with cyclic neutropenia.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/Neutropenia-Cyclic

I did not ever have mouth ulcers or other symptons normally associated with it, and it only became a problem once when I had a reaction to a medication I was prescribed for ulcerative colitis. It caused me to develop longer lasting and severe neutropenia (but even that was cleared up with 5 days in the hospital in isolation and a series of neupogen shots to raise my cell counts back up to normal levels).

It is a somewhat far fetched idea...but it could be a possibility.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

My daughter was recently diagnosed with Cyclic Neutropenia and the doctor says she should grow out of it within 6 months. Is there anything you can share with me about your experience; this has me really worried.

Thanks!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.