Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>First, a bit of background:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm 26 yrs old, and at age 6 had one epileptic grand-mal seizure and was in a coma for like 10 days or so, hospital for gods know how long. I was on phenbarbitol from then till I was 22 yrs old when I got pregnant w/ ds1, at which point I weaned myself off it. I remember having headaches a good bit in grade school, and then not so much for a few years. Then in high school I started having frequent headaches and sometime around age 18/19 migraines - as in, daily headache(s) and at least 1-3 migraines a week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>They all went away when I got pregnant w/ ds1 nearly 4.5 yrs ago. (I mean, I still had the very occasional headache, but nothing to be remarked apon, and maybe 1-2 migraines in all that time.) But, they seem to be coming back - I'm having, IDK, 2-3 headaches a week, though, knock on some serious wood, no migraines (yet.). And I'm sitting here, trying to figure out wtf to do about it. In highschool/college I just learned to ignore them, as otherwise I'd eat through a bottle of asprin/advil/tylenol in, oh, idk, a week or two. Migraines the only thing that helped was smoking marijuana (which was also super helpful for my regular headaches!). Personally, I think marijuana is *much* better for me than living on freaking advil/asprin/tylenol, but it kinda freaks me out to smoke it now that I have kids, and especially since ds2 is still nursing. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, I'm wondering. What do others with frequent headaches and/or migraines do? I'm sitting here with a headache right now, doing my best to teach myself just to ignore them again, and really not enjoying doing so. You know?</p>

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Nak right now, so just a short reply for now. I have chronic daily migraines. Used to be 3-4 a week until an unfortunate 2 year stint on Depo Provera, then they became daily. I've been under the care of a team of neurologists trying a variety of meds, with an entire range of horrible side effects. (yes, I've eliminated my food triggers. I've also tried natural treatments to no avail, I'd swallow a rock if I though it would help the pain.). If I'm current on my preventive med regime then I usually only have 2-3 a week, which still sucks bit is a huge improvement.<br><br>
I just hope I haven't passed this on to any of my children. My 4 year old DD2 gets unilateral headaches a few times a month and every time she gets one I just hope it's not a migraine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts