Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any of you have had experience with this?
I had my period on Nov. 10th. Fairly heavy, but it was only my 2nd period since the birth of my baby in January.
I had another one on Nov. 27th- very heavy, with some clotting.
I just got another one yesterday, Dec. 17th, and it's very heavy (I mean going through a super tampon every hour kind of heavy- I know tampons aren't the best idea and I will run out and get some pads soon).
I am in pain.. w/ bad cramping.
WTH is going on? I've always had a very regular (for me) 30-day cycle, 3.5 day long period.

I'm 27, fairly good health, breastfeeding a 10 month old who is just starting to eat some solids. I'm under some stress, but nothing that should elicit a response like this from my body.
I got the name of a good OB/GYN and will call to make an appointment with her, but due to our impending snow storm, I won't be able to get to her until after the weekend, so at least 4 more days.

I'm sore

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbbinsc View Post
Heavy, frequent period were one of the signs of my hypothyroidism. I did not develop those until after first child. My ob/gyn was the one who dx'd.
Thanks for your response. I went through a symptom-checker sort of website and it did list that as one of the possibilities (along with some super- horrible things, but I'm going to ignore those for now).
May I ask what your other symptoms were for the hypothyroidism?
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this might make sense..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.