Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My best cure for pregnancy symptoms has been getting out of the house.  I will feel exhausted, nauseous, and irritable at home - so much so that I all I want to do is lie down and can barely keep my eyes open.  But if I can manage to get DD out to the park, zoo, wherever, I feel 100% better!  </p>

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
<p>I know this will help me. I'm totally going to try it tomorrow. Today, I cleaned off the balcony so I could sit out there and read. Unfortunately, the cleaning took up all my energy for the day and then went to sleep until it was dark out. :)</p>

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
<p>Getting outside this weekend and taking care of the chickens (trying to introduce a new hen to the flock means lots of hensitting so nobody gets hurt, as I have one that will gladly draw blood), picking up the yard, etc. has done wonders for me! Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy. I'm waiting for it to warm back up so we can be in the yard a lot more. :)</p>

·
Registered
452 Posts
<p>I totally agree, so long as the weather's great. These grey skies really get me down, but I make sure to take advantage of the beautiful sunny days for sure! Yesterday we had a reaaally full day in the sun, beaching, hanging out outdoors, etc... luckily our apartment is part of a big house, with two other (older, unschooled) kiddos, goats, chickens, playgrounds, and lots of room to roam... so most days I can just get DD dressed and send her out, even if I'm not ready to go out yet, and keep an eye on her from inside ... which is great because I have been feeling SO lousy, weak, sick, and tired ... never felt like this with my first!! Hopefully things will get better as I progress.</p>

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
<p>I totally just had this experience over the weekend! Lately I have night sickness. I feel pretty good (if maybe a little tired) in the morning/afternoon, but by 4:00 or so, I start feeling crappier and crappier as the night goes on. We went to Portland from Friday night to last night, and the whole time I was...fine. I thought, wow, I'm cured! The horrible part of the first trimester is over! But then as we were driving home, the closer we got to home I felt worse and worse :( So not fair!</p>

·
Registered
43 Posts
<p>LiLStar-I feel the same way! If it isn't done by 5 pm, it isn't getting done! But, I did go outside this weekend to work in our flower beds and being in the sun and warm air was great for me. I think it helped my Vitamin D get going and that gave me some extra spunk for the evening. I just need to keep pushing myself outside. Thanks to A-Time-To-Live for starting this thread...outside is great right now! </p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts