Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,943 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere
it's a yogurt and cucumber "salad" (it's a thick soupy mixture though)
mash some fresh garlic and salt, add lots of yogurt and some cold water to thin it out, add chopped up cucumbers and dried crushed mint leaves and mix it up.
I do almost exactly the same thing, but leave out the garlic and mint, and add chives, dill, and parsley. Oh, and add a bit of lemon and honey (just a little).

Sometimes if I feel like making the extra effort, I sprinkle a little salt on the sliced cucumber, and let the water drain out. Make the dressing with labne yogurt (yogurt with the water drained out, thick and creamy), so that it doesn't get soupy.

Oh, and then there are cucumber sandwiches! Salt the cucumber slices, drain, then put them on a towel to get much of the water out. Butter the bread, both sides, to keep the bread from getting soggy. Lay sliced cucumber and watercress sprigs, or whatever crispy green you have around...dill is nice, too. Trim off the crusts! Ok, you don't really have to trim off the crusts, but it's kind of nice just for fun. Cut them into triangles.

I add cukes to cold beet borscht, too. Half-sour pickles are nice. You could make a relish for grilled chicken or fish with minced cuke, purple onion, parsley, lemon juice, maybe some capers, maybe some olives...you get the idea.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.