Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>About 10 days ago dd moved into her own bed and nightweaned— it went really well. For the past 6 nights she goes down at 7:00-7:30 (I nurse her in her bed) and sleeps until 5ish. But then one of two things happens: I have to get back in bed with her and stay there until she wakes up again an hour later, or she is just up and won't go back to sleep. I am so excited that she's getting a 9+ hours of uninterrupted sleep, but my day can't start at 5 am. And hers really can't either. Her naps have gone to pot, and I know she needs more than 9 hours sleep a day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm worried that if I nurse her she'll start waking up earlier and earlier to nurse. It also hurts me to sleep in bed with her b/c of my back (which was part of the impetus to get her in her own bed to begin with)... does anyone have any experience with this, what to do with a premature riser? I've tried pushing her bedtime back but no change. And whether she doesn't nap or naps for an hour doesn't make a difference either. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA </p>

·
Registered
830 Posts
<p>We had a season around that age when DS would wake up early no matter what.  There was nothing we did that changed it.  He was definitely napping, though, and wakes early when he doesn't nap.  But eventually it just went away and he started sleeping more--until 7!!!  It was crazy.  He is still sleeping until 7 now at 18  months and sometimes even later.  But it was not but a few months ago he was regularly waking at 5:30.</p>

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Good to know. This morning wasn't too bad — she woke at 6:15 (went to sleep last night at 7) and I just decided to nurse her. She nursed for 30 minutes, which was 30 minutes more I got to lay down! We'll see how it goes tomorrow....</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts