Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's son has been having painful erections since he started "having them".... he's now 3 1/2.

Also, if he doesn't "wash" at least every other day down there, it gets very red and "infected-looking".

Neither she nor her doctor ever retracted. It seems like the foreskin is "too tight", as well.

What could be going on here?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So why has it been painful for a few years now, tho? Without any retraction at all? I would think something would have to be done if the boy is in pain all the time...

I was dictating what she was saying, so I put her words in quotes.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
It appears there may be something going on, maybe a low level infection that is held at bay with the washing and a not yet complete immune system. Need to find out what it is and if there is anything, treat it. The only way to find out what kind of pathogen it is is to do a culture to positively identify it so that the proper medication can be prescribed. Essentially, diagnose and treat him the same way you would a girl.

I know that sounds too simple but that's the way to do it.

Frank

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just adding that my DS had painful erections for a period of time, especially ~2ish to 3ish. I hope it really hasn't been ever since he started having them (that would be since about birth for my son). To cover all the bases, Frank's suggestion seems good. But on a hopeful note maybe only the changes of seperation may be at hand. :LOL

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
That's too bad that he's going through this. I can't imagine that anything that is supposed to be so natural, would be painful if there's nothing wrong. It sounds like Frank has definitely got a point on the possibility of an infection. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by candiland
It seems like the foreskin is "too tight", as well.

What could be going on here?
I am curious what she means by "too tight". Is this a comment when her son is having erections? When DS had erections it also seemed tight since the sphincter at the end of his foreskin had not loosened any. It still has not loosened and yet erections are no longer painful for him.

I hope she can get a culture taken to see if there is a specific culprit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.