1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How?...

Did you make one?
Pics?

Should I make it round - like this or this?
Or can I make the flat version - like this?
How long should it be?
Do I need to make only one or two? (like how the doctors use two clamps and cut between...or is one enough?)
If I can make the flat version - I obviously don't want to make it wide like this do I?...So how many strings should I use?...three?...four - is thin like this okay??

Do share!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
: I've been wondering the same thing! I kinda want to make the round kind because it forms a spiral around it that reminds me of the vessels inside the cord. How thick though? Hmmm

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
so you want it to be able to tie off but not cut into the cord-- for years we used sterilized cotton shoe laces that were for baby shoes and sometime we would use cord tape and they are similar so 1/8th-1/4 inch wide or less and flat--

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I always made my friendship bracelets round with 3 strings of embroidery floss as a kid. I think those would make excellent cord ties, and would be easiest to learn to make. You tie them off at the end together, secure the end somewhere to keep it steady, then holding all but one straight, make a 4 with the string you're working with and pull the loose end through the hole, I'm pretty sure it's actually a half hitch. Make a bunch of those with one color (like 10, or however long you want each color to be) then switch to the next. There are probably illustrated or video instructions online someplace, my cousin taught me to do it ages ago.

You don't need to tie off the placenta side (as long as the placenta has detached from you already?), but if you don't it may drip blood even if it's done pulsing.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I made a round one with some really pretty multicolored yarn I had lying around. Then during labor, we boiled it so it would be sterile and all the colors ran together and became a rusty color
So sad. It was wahm dyed yarn so maybe the embroidery floss or another brand of yarn wouldn't do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.