Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the house I am buying has a weird kind of patio thing... It's 10 x 20- so plenty of room, but it is just crushed gravel bordered with RR ties.... So it needs something... But something FRUGAL.... the crushed gravel will make a good base for interlocking pavers or something like that... but I do want this to be pretty- a pleasing, nice, place to hang out and relax. Has anyone done those interlocking pavers things? if so are they reasonably priced??? Hard work?<br><br>
I have always loved the look of those partially covered decks but I think that is getting a bit too fancy for my skill level.... LOL! but maybe some day that part could be added....

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I don't know where you live but the BLM is a very underused resource. You can go to your local field office and buy a permit, depending on what you want it will be $5-20. They give you a map and you go to the pit and haul your own stone.<br><br>
We put in a flagstone patio last year for $100 total (permit, plus gas and other tools)<br><br>
good luck!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Some good friends of ours got a kit with a mold for pouring cement to look like interloking brick or stone. There were several styles of mold avaliable. The one they used looks like cobble stones.<br><br>
It was a fair amount of work, but not realy complicated and very budget friendly. (I'm not sure how much it was all together)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts