Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *andiflipping* View Post
Kroger quit carrying fruit leather and they were the only ones in town that had it.

Where can I buy some online? Ds loves it.
nak

I remember you posting about how your ds loves fruit leather! What a sweetie. Can you get a food dehydrator and make it at home?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
nak

I remember you posting about how your ds loves fruit leather! What a sweetie. Can you get a food dehydrator and make it at home?
I could try. I will look for how to!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Amazon carries them. If doing a search, make sure you click on the ones listed in the grocery section, as those are the ones listed by Amazon and will quality for free shipping over $25. The other ones are listed by third party companies. There's also an online coupon floating around for $10 off $49 from the Amazon grocery section which expires at the end of this month. I don't have the code but I'm sure it's easily google-able.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
When Kroger raised their prices on fruit leathers, I was going to buy them by the case from Stretch Island directly, but then I discovered the ones at Trader Joe's. The organic ones are delicious and less than 40 cents each.

ETA: To clarify, TJ's sells their own store brand of fruit leathers, not Stretch Island. I find them to have a sweeter, more intense flavor.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennisee View Post
When Kroger raised their prices on fruit leathers, I was going to buy them by the case from Stretch Island directly, but then I discovered the ones at Trader Joe's. The organic ones are delicious and less than 40 cents each.
Really! Wow, wish we had a Trader Joe's here! Maybe one day...............

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I own a health food store and we have 'em here. Your local health food store should have them. Last time I ordered they were not called fruit leather anymore, they were called "fruitabu" and they say "smoooshed strawberry" for a flavor. All the flavors are listed as "smoooshed " fruit. They are still the same stuff, made by Stretch Island Fruit Co. Keep an eye out for those, too. They run about $.75 here. We are a small family run store so we can't get the same deals places like trader joes gets. Anyway, look for the fruitabu.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Target has some organic store brand ones. Someone gave them to me while I was in the hospital on bed rest and they were pretty good. My mom used to make apple and strawberry ones in the oven when I was a kid. It can't be too hard. I've been sprouting and then drying grain in the oven with just the light on, and making yogurt, too. It stays about 100 degrees so that might be warm enough if your oven temp. doesn't go very low (like mine).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts