Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Is there away you could get your prenatals through the CNM's or even someone in network and then have a homebirth at a discounted price? I know a midwife on the other side of the state that does this. She has actually been quoted as giving a quote for both. I think the one for just the birth at one point was likek $600 and both was double that.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hunnybumm
I never really considered doing my prenatals with the CNMs, then having the CPMs be at the delivery. However, I really want to have a close relationship with whoever is going to be assisting my delivery. With the OBs I didn't really know any of them, but this is a lot different, especially for a hb. I really want to feel like I have spent plenty of time with both of them, KWIM? I might bring that up though, they know that cost is going to be an issue since we have great insurance coverage. And they also have great classes they offer for free (if you are a doula or hb client) that I might miss out of if I go that route.. definitly something to talk to them about though.

one girl I know that basically did this was going to go UC if she couldn't find someone. She felt that just using the midwives for the birth was her best option.

You could get to know the midwives better through homebirth meetup if they'll agree to just do the birth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.