Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,911 Posts
Oh that sucks. I know how hard it is to find a CNM who'll attend a HB. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found one, as I'll be a having HBAC as well. I live in an over populated area though.

If this CNM won't travel 2 hours, then how far will she travel? How about a motel or using someone's house that's, say 1 hour away? Hey, I wouldn't be above asking the midwife if she had a spare room in her house
It's not ideal but if you've got to travel to a hospital, then why not travel to the midwife?

I don't know anything about birth centers and Tricare - none of the ones in my area will do VBACs so I didn't even look into it. But my basic rule when dealing with kinda stuff is never believe anything I'm told unless I hear the same thing from at least 3 different people.

· Registered
2,911 Posts
hunnybumm, when you say you're speaking to Tricare, do you mean your local Tricare office at the MTF, the health benefit advisors? Because I found them to be useless where I am. They gave me a lot of misinformation. Mainly along the lines of 'this is what I know/have experienced with others so this is how it must be' without investigating or checking things for you. The old 'no one else has done it that I know of' so you can't either and I'm too busy to bother with it. I got very frustrated with those people.

Healthnet is Tricare in our area. Speak directly to the regional Healthnet office - either the Authorisations/Referral dept or better yet get them to put you through to the Medical Management dept. Those people know their stuff. I was very impressed with them especially compared to dealing with the general Tricare people at the MTF and base. They are the ones that actually authorise it so they can give you the final word.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.