Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
That sounds like a really stressful situation all around. Good news is - you do get a do-over! Tomorrow, and the next day and the next...
Nobody's perfect, and when we're operating on very little sleep and stressed by circumstances it's almost inevitable that something will snap.

I doubt that there are many mamas on here who have *never* yelled at their kids. You know it's not the best thing to do. Ideally you apologise, do your best not to yell again, and forgive yourself. I've yelled at my LO more than a couple of times myself, and beaten myself up over it - but you know what? She still loves me. She forgives me, and I'm actually less likely to yell again if I can forgive myself too.

Be gentle with yourself, and get a few extra snuggles in with your DS when you can. Any chance your DH could give you those few hours of sleep tonight instead? Sounds like you need them!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oh, man. What a baaaaaad start to your day! I hope your evening goes much better. Order in some yummy food, turn on Sprout for your LO without feeling bad and relax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.