Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Connor insists on playing with the same toys over and over again although these are the same toys that cause great frustrations that often end up in fits or temper tantrums.

For example he has this little pop up tent thingy, he kepes doing the same thing each and every time and each and every time it collapses and he gets mad. I pick it up for him and he goes back and does the same thing. I show him how to avoid collapsing it but he seems to want to collapse it and get upset. I know he can use it without making it fall down, so why does he continually do that?

The same with his Little People Fire House. He wants to balance the truck on top of the open door but can't. He gets frustrated so I help. Then he seems to be upset that I got it to balance and knocks it off and then gets upset. Then he wants it back up there again.

We do watch videos in the morning. I'll put in what he asks for and he gets mad so I turn it off, he gets mad that it's off. I ask what he wants and he'll tell me the same thing I just had on! If I do go ahead and put in something else, he gets mad and asks for what he didn't want the first time around.

Normal 2 year old behavior??? Or is he on a mission to drive his mama nuts?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sounds normal to me too...I would suggest with the toy situation is to put up some of the toys that are the most frustrating and maybe divert his attention with something new. Then later bring down the others. I did this toy shifting alot with my two oldest and just started doing it with my 14 month old. It works great for us plus theres alot less constant clean up with less toys lying around

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cj'smommy
Normal 2 year old behavior??? Or is he on a mission to drive his mama nuts?

Yes and yes....at least that's how it feels in our house. We've gone through a spell like this recently too, where I feel like I'm in a lose/lose situation for hours at a time. Audrey is 27mo.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
yyyep. rowan insists that anything that is a vehicle can be strung together with any other vehicle and pulled around like a train. he is wrong. but he will never stop trying. and he will never stop getting seriously angry when it...again...doesn't work.

ahhh...the joys of having a toddler.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's nice to know that he's not the only one!

I put away the toys that were causing the frustration, but then he moved on to new and better toys to torment him!

This to shall pass.......right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.