Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 30 weeks with #2. I've noticed lately that when I have a full bladder it doesn't feel full like normal. Rather, I get moderate to serious menstrual-like cramps. They're not time-able like contractions but I've heard other people describe their early labor like this.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I would always get cramps if I needed to go to the bathroom later in pregnancy. My body was always telling me I need to go right then. I'd go to the bathroom and they'd stop within a couple of minutes.

Are yours continuing after you go? If they keep up and they're really crampy you may want to call your midwife or doctor. If it's only when you need to pee, I'd just make a point to go as soon as you feel the urge to go, or just go regularly even if you don't feel like you're "full" yet, kwim?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I am only 15 weeks and if I have a really full bladder and then empty it I get cramps. I have had this with all of my pregnancies. I would ask your midwife about it though. It can indicate a bladder infection ( I would think its normal) but just in case mention it.
If it doesnt go away a couple of minutes after you go then I would let her know about it.
Good luck! and just wait until babe starts kicking and or punching you in that full bladder then you really gotta go!!!

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Me too, from about 12 weeks. I contract every time I have a full bladder, HARD, ouch, and at the ends of my pregnancies (such as now), I contract so hard even if I just barely have any pee in me. It is SO not fun. I was just telling DP last night how I can hardly remember life without constant contractions. I'm awoken about 4 times a night with paaaainful cx because I have to pee.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it a bit if I were you, unless they didn't go away after you empty your bladder.

Yay annoying pregnancy symptoms!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.