Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
if i havn't had baby before ( which hopefully i will have!!) i'd love to have her on the full moon..

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Hmm. My calendar says it's Wednesday the 16th...

Whereupon you will find me naked, outdoors, singing some sort of flying spaghetti monster song and frightening the neighbors. I don't care if it's -10 with windchill, let's see if the Moon and His Noodliness can convince him to come out!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm in! DH and I were just in the kitchen talking about this!! My calender says the 16th as well so I'm going to predict that I will go into labor on Wednesday and actually give birth on Thursday (1 week early). Hey a girl can dream right?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
You know... it's not JUST a full moon... by the Farmer's Almanac it's the "Full Beaver Moon". Is there any better time to have a baby!?!?

Wishing you all powerful inspiring labor vibes on the Full Beaver Moon!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
You know... it's not JUST a full moon... by the Farmer's Almanac it's the "Full Beaver Moon". Is there any better time to have a baby!?!?

Wishing you all powerful inspiring labor vibes on the Full Beaver Moon!
not in your DDC but I read this and...

Good luck Mamas!!!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Full beaver moon? Please tell me you just made that up... it's also the Taurus full moon, and I'm a taurean (and due today- it's 5.30am on Monday)- does that make any difference to anything??
This place is getting so surreal, it's scary.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flapjack
Full beaver moon? Please tell me you just made that up...
I wouldn't dare lurk outside of my own EDD group and THEN throw temptation at y'all! It's from the Farmer's Almanac.

Quote:
Full Beaver Moon - November This was the time to set beaver traps before the swamps froze, to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. Another interpretation suggests that the name Full Beaver Moon comes from the fact that the beavers are now actively preparing for winter. It is sometimes also referred to as the Frosty Moon.
Read for yourself in your own Farmer's Almanac or at...
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astron...moonnames.html
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoons.html

Crazy, huh?

·
Registered
51,189 Posts
Well, Spark, it was funnier when we didn't know what full beaver moon meant

Obviously I'm hoping to go ANY day or night but I could hold out until Tuesday... I'm just not putting any hope in any particular day or night anymore. I go to sleep every night thinking... "will I meet the dawn with a baby in my arms???"

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, according to Spark's link to the farmer's almanac, the next full moon is indeed November 15 (Tuesday) at 7:58pm.

Ooooooh, food for thought

I will be outside (assuming I have not yet had the babe), bathing my belly in that moonlight, and thinking of you mamas..... perhaps some of you will be doing the same? We could make a date

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
yikes! that is exciting! except that i want this baby to wait!!! my edd is in a week, but after the car accident we had this weekend i am feeling even more like i just need some time before the baby comes. so i shall be reflecting all that lunar pull in your directions!! i haven't met any other 39 weekers who really *aren't* feeling ready yet, i wonder why i'm like this?! last time i was pacing by now...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingmama
I will be outside (assuming I have not yet had the babe), bathing my belly in that moonlight, and thinking of you mamas..... perhaps some of you will be doing the same? We could make a date

Count me in!!!

Margaritaville (Buffet's restaurant) is having a Full Moon Party tomorrow night...perhaps I should show up and dance my bootie off, and maybe my baby out!! hehehe

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.