Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just learned that women in ancient Greece who were pregnant would go out on a clear night, expose their bellies to the moon, and ask the goddess Hera (a mother goddess and moon goddess) to help their babies grow strong and healthy.

I tried my own version of this last week, and it felt just beautiful. I just laid on a sheet in a grassy spot, pulled my shirt up some so my belly showed, and let my mind wander around things like rhythms, wind, my heartbeat, my baby's heartbeat, frog sounds at night...

Anyway I'm sharing because even if you're not into earthy-spiritual stuff, I found it a really nice way to help me connect to this baby, my body, and the earth. Tomorrow is the full moon, so tonight, tomorrow, and the next night it will appear full to our eyes; barring rain or clouds, I'll be soakin' up some moonbeams!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
It just happens to be a clear night tonight (doesn't happen often around Seattle...) so I'll be out there as well! Thank you for sharing

love and peace.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
OooOooo, I'm going out tonight to bare my belly to the moon, too. It makes me smile to think of how many bare-baby-bellies the moon will be looking down on.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I was driving home last night from a late meeting and as I was coming through my neighborhood, I saw the full moon right ahead of me. So I thought about this thread and pulled my shirt up to expose my belly to the moon. I don't think I could have done it in the yard or my DH and my dog would have thought I was nuts. So I had my own private moon moment in the car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.