Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious, how many times a day do you pump? Here's my schedule. Does it sound like we're on the right track?<br><br>
5:30-6:30 DS wakes and we doze and nurse<br>
7am pump<br>
8am nurse one more time before I leave(often he's not hungry yet and just takes a little nibble)<br>
12:30 pump<br>
3:00 pump<br>
4:30 pick up DS, nurse<br>
nurse a few more times before bed, last time @ 11pm. He usually doesn't wake up in the middle of the night to nurse,<br><br>
He takes about 8-12oz a day either with dcp or dh. Am I pumping enough? Is he getting enough?

·
Registered
961 Posts
If it is working for you and ds, than it is probably enough. All babies are different and eat different amounts. I am away from ds (eight months) for ten hours a day and pump five times (at 9:30, 11:45, 12:45, 3:00 and 3:45) and pump an average of 12 ounces. DD eats about 20 ounces while I am gone. (I ran out of my back up supply a couple of weeks ago and had to start supplementing.) I nurse her in the morning, as soon as I get home and before she goes to bed. I also nurse her about three times during the night.<br><br>
As long as your ds is happy and gaining weight and the pumping schedule is working for you--I wouldn't fix what isn't broken!

·
Registered
267 Posts
That sounds similar to what I was pumping when dd was that age. Sometimes I would add an evening pump, to try to add to the supply. Interestingly, dd would take about what I pumped (DCP had a few 2-3 oz frozen bags that they would use one of every two weeks or so). If my supply dropped a bit, I used some of the techniques for increasing production (drinking, herbs, etc.) for a few days, and it would pop back up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts