Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did something totally out of character and drove 1.5 hours each way to a major concert last night (major -- about as big as they get).

The performer is someone who had top-10 hits throughout my relationship with XH. That music was like a soundtrack of my life from age 15 to 35.

One of his hits was "our song" and many others bring back intense memories.

I really felt I needed to go to this concert. First, I love the artist and always promised myself I would go if I ever had the chance. Second, I just felt if I didn't do it, I'd feel deprived, and I didn't want to always wish I had gone.

So anyway, I had a GREAT time! And hearing the old hits performed in an "updated" way helped me to reclaim them, and now my most recent experience of those songs is at this wonderful concert, with an awesome flashing light/media show, huge venue, me singing along with thousands of people. All by myself. It was awesome.

I am so glad I went. Now when I think of those songs, I will be thinking of this concert and not what went before. I feel like I can listen to them again. Isn't it strange how closure/healing works sometimes? I feel like I've reclaimed this music and made it mine again.

Just had to share.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Progress = refusing to be cut off from meaningful parts of your life. Awesome!

Reactions: Account deactivated
1 - 7 of 7 Posts