Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning a general contractor was here to see about the mildew issues we've been having. He stayed a while to chat afterwards and in the kitchen, after I asked him for the inserts for the chemical he proposed we use, he mentioned that he saw me breastfeeding and knew I'd be concerned. He then asked if I'd breastfed ds and went on to say that all his kids were breastfed and were healthier and smarter and better behaved than their peers.

Sometimes support comes from an unexpected source!
(Either that or he is just a master at drumming up business :LOL )

·
Registered
19,261 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WickidaWitch
That is cool but what did he think you would be concerned about?? That he saw you?
:LOL I took it to mean he knew I'd be concerned baout the use of chemicals in the home b/c I am that kind of mom.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
My dad's a general contractor, too, and he was totally supportive of my mom bf all 5 of us and took it for granted that his granchildren would be bf. I wonder what it is w/ gen contractors??? LOL! But my dad, unfortunately, is NOT supportive of extended bf. 1 year and that's it.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy1221
My dad's a general contractor, too, and he was totally supportive of my mom bf all 5 of us and took it for granted that his granchildren would be bf. I wonder what it is w/ gen contractors??? LOL! But my dad, unfortunately, is NOT supportive of extended bf. 1 year and that's it.

better than nothing, right?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My dh is a contractor and some of his clients just had a baby. The mom was having a rough time with nursing at first and he was insistent that I call her and offer some support (I had never met her at the time). I think he embarrassed her a little, talking up nursing and telling her not to give up, no matter what. She is doing fine now and will even nurse with him in the room installing a door or whatever. At first, she was really shy about it.

I'm proud of him for being so positive.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessemoon
My dh is a contractor and some of his clients just had a baby. The mom was having a rough time with nursing at first and he was insistent that I call her and offer some support (I had never met her at the time). I think he embarrassed her a little, talking up nursing and telling her not to give up, no matter what. She is doing fine now and will even nurse with him in the room installing a door or whatever. At first, she was really shy about it.

I'm proud of him for being so positive.

to your dh
what a guy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts