Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to the Bahamas for a vacation (our FIRST since the baby!) and are in a quandry about a car seat. Unless we want to sit at the hotel for 10 days, we will need to take a taxi or bus to get around. Should we take a carseat (will the taxis even have seatbelts)?<br><br>
Please share advice/experiences! We need to figure this out soon! I was excited to get away... but now I am feeling a little stressed.<br><br>
Also, would anyone ever use a babysitter at a resort? Just for an hour or two at dinner??????

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I would most definatley bring the car seat! We have flown many times with Abby, and we always bring her seat, not only for our destination, but for the airplane as well (we always purchase her a seat). We have many reasons for this, safety being the biggest one. I won't type all the details, unless you are interested.<br><br>
Since your destination is out of the country, their cars may have different seatbelts. If you don't want it on the plane, you could look into renting a carseat from the car rental company there. I know some do this.<br><br>
Bottom line, short of a life threatning emergency, my daugter will always ride in a car seat!<br><br>
Sarah

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
We were in Barbados earlier in the summer and none of the taxis/buses we were in had seatbelts. I would try and call the hotel and ask them about it...they would probably know if seatbelts will be readily available. We had no choice but to go carseat-less, since we were there to go to a wedding, but it was a little scary! Good luck and enjoy!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts