Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas-to-Be,<br>
We had so much fun with this at our baby shower that I thought I would share. I wrote the poem below to accompany the game/"fun thing to do" - feel free to copy it, print it and use it. Here is how to play!<br><br>
My husband and I picked our favorite names, and wrote one name on different boxes. Each box had a hole cut in the top of it.<br><br>
Next - we had a bowl full of beads. Each one of our guests picked one bead, said a blessing and then "voted" for their favorite name by placing the bead in the box with their favorite name on it.<br><br>
At the end of the baby shower we counted the votes - and with the blessed beads made a birthing bracelet.<br><br>
It is pretty cool way to get everyone involved - make your birthing bracelet. And no! we did'nt end up naming our baby with the name that won at the shower - but it was still a great process.<br><br>
Here is the poem. I print it out in a beautiful font and mounted it on colorful paper and placed it near the bowl so everyone read it before they participated.<br><br><br>
Here you will find a little game<br>
I want you to help give me a name<br><br>
Also here lies, a most special deed<br>
Its not only a name but<br>
Wishes and prayers that I need<br><br>
So please say something caring and sweet<br>
When you cast your vote, by using the bead<br><br>
It is all part of something very special<br>
After tonight the bead becomes part of a vessel<br><br>
Its’ journey starts here and ends on a string<br>
That will be with me! Baby! from the beginning<br><br>
The beads are for mommy to wear during birth<br>